Butter sauce is a very tasty sauce that is used to make many of your favorite dishes and recipes. It makes the food you enjoy creamier and full of flavor which is why it is always a very popular sauce for many cooks and chefs. It works great with chicken, beef, shrimp, and many more foods which will certainly make our mouths water.
While butter sauce is perfect in the kitchen and on our favorite foods, it is however not made to get spilled on our carpets at home. Unfortunately, mishaps tend to happen inside our home without any warning and you may be surprised to learn that there are many instances of homeowners spilling butter sauce on the carpet.
Dealing with this predicament is certainly tough particularly if you don’t know what to do. If ever you fall in this category, don’t fret just yet. Read the simple guide that I have prepared below to help you clean up the spilled butter sauce on your carpet without any trouble.
1. Remove as much of the spilled sauce on the carpet with the help of some paper towels or a clean sponge. Just blot the area where the spill is found again and again until you have extracted as much of the sauce as you can.
2. Afterward, grab a dry cleaning solvent and pour some of it on an absorbent pad. Use the pad to dab the area where the butter sauce was spilled. Apply some pressure as you are dabbing the affected area for better results. Continue repeating this step until the solvent is completely absorbed by the carpet fibers.
3. The previous step may do the trick in cleaning the stain completely but there may be instances when you have a very stubborn stain on your hands. If the dry cleaning solvent doesn’t do the job, make a cleaning solution using one part dish washing liquid and four parts warm water. Apply a few drops of this solution onto the butter sauce stain and then let it set for a few minutes.
4. Start to blot the butter sauce stain using a clean white cloth. Continue blotting the stain on your carpet until all of it is removed. Remember to blot your way from the outer portion of the stain moving inwards to have the best results.
5. After eliminating the butter sauce stain, the only thing that you have left to do is to rinse the area you cleaned using a glass of clean water. Then, use some clean rags to dry everything off. This last step is essential to prevent having any residue build up on your carpet over time.