A birthday is even made more memorable by having some delicious cake to commemorate the occasion. A lot of people love to eat cake, with chocolate being one of the more popular flavors around. Having some tasty chocolate cake means having some sweet chocolate icing to feast on. Chocolate icing is really delicious and makes any cake all the more delectable. Sadly, it can create a very big mess if it gets accidentally smeared all over your carpet.
Icing stains can be really problematic since it can really get into the carpet fibers which make it hard to remove. If you have dealt with this kind of carpet cleaning problem then you can attest that this is not a walk in the park to clean up. Thankfully, there is a way to help you make this task a little bit easier. Follow the guide below to get the chocolate icing on your carpet without any hassles.
1. Start off by scooping up the chocolate icing spilled on your carpet as soon as possible. Carefully do this though as there are instances when you can make the situation worse if you are not cautious and you make silly errors as you extract the chocolate icing.
2. Next you must get a cleaning solution that will break down the icing stain. You can opt to use any brand-name cleaning solution that you have available in your home. If you don’t have any, take a teaspoon of white vinegar and add it to a cup of warm water to create an easy to make cleaning solution substitute.
3. Take the cleaning solution of your choice and then apply it onto the stained area of the carpet. Then, use a paper towel or clean white cloth to blot the area repeatedly.
4. Repeat the previous step until you are able to remove all of the stain. It can take a while since the chocolate icing can be somewhat stubborn. Don’t stop blotting until the entire stain is gone.
5. Pour a cup of clean water onto the area where the icing was and then use some paper towels to dry it completely. This is intended to flush out any residue that could stay on your carpet. Once you dry the area thoroughly you can resume using it once more.
If ever you have chocolate icing stains on your carpet make use of the guide above to quickly fix the problem without any hassles. By following the steps above, you will surely be able to get your carpet back to normal.