Mayonnaise is one condiment that has become very widely used in households and restaurants all over the country. It is used in many dishes and it goes well with just about anything. It can be used to make a sandwich more delicious or you could use it to make a dip for fries and chips.
Probably the only disadvantage that mayonnaise can have is not related to its taste or its use in the kitchen. That disadvantage is if you accidentally spill it all over your rug at home. This is not uncommon as people love to eat in the living room while they are checking out a movie on television or just talking with friends. Sometimes while they are doing this, mishaps may occur and they could unintentionally spill the mayonnaise dip they are using on the rug.
Mayonnaise can be a really tough problem to have on the rug. It leaves an ugly mark which you never want to have. That is why you should know how to handle this problem properly. Check out the guide below to find out how to deal with mayonnaise spills on your rug effectively.
• Get rid of the excess mayonnaise that was spilled on your rug. Quickly get a spoon and scoop it up carefully. Then, use a paper towel to blot the area to help further absorb the mayonnaise on the rug fibers.
• Next, use a cotton ball and apply some isopropyl rubbing alcohol onto it. Then, dab the mayonnaise stain on your rug with the soaked cotton ball. The rubbing alcohol helps loosen up the stain so that the succeeding steps will become even more effective.
• Now take a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent and combine it with two cups of warm water. This homemade cleaning solution will work great in lifting the stain out of your rug. Once you have it ready, apply it onto the stain and wait for a few minutes to allow it to set.
• Use a clean white cloth to slowly blot the affected area of the rug. This will slowly cause the stain to become lighter as you go on blotting it. That means that the technique is working. Continue doing this until all of the stain is gone.
• The last step would be for you to rinse the rug with a cup of water. The water helps in flushing out any residue that could cause build-up on your rug fibers over time. Dry the area thoroughly using clean rags to finish things off.