It is important to exercise regularly in order to keep our bodies in good condition. A little time at the gym or even just doing some cardio workouts in your living room is a great way to stay in shape. Always remember though to keep yourself hydrated so that you can replace the fluids that you sweat out in the process of exercising.
One way to get back the proper fluids in your body is by drinking sports drinks. These can be really helpful in replenishing the fluids as well as provide nutrients that are good for the body. You just have to be careful though when you have sports drinks in your living room while you are exercising as you can accidentally spill it and cause a stain on your carpet.
Sports drink spills can be pretty challenging particularly if you are not that experienced with cleaning your carpet. If you are having this problem right now, check out the steps below that you could follow to help clean up this mess.
1. Quickly grab a clean sponge and then carefully extract as much of the spilled drink as you can. This is essential in order to prevent the liquid from seeping deeper into the carpet fibers. After you are done extracting the sports drink, proceed to the next step.
2. Use a combination of 1 teaspoon white vinegar and 1 cup of warm water as a cleaning solution in order to treat the stain. Apply this solution directly onto the spot on your carpet and then let it set for a couple of minutes.
3. After you have allowed the cleaning solution to work on the stain, use a clean white cloth to slowly blot the affected area. Blotting is really helpful since it will cause the stain to be removed from the fibers of your carpet and onto the surface of the cloth. Continue doing this until all of the stain is gone.
4. Once you have removed all of the stain on your carpet, pour a glass of water directly onto the area that you just cleaned. This is in order to help flush out any remaining residue that could build up over time and cause damage to your carpet.
5. Use some clean rags or towels to dry the area and your carpet will be just like new once more.
Sports drink spills can be somewhat challenging if you don’t know what to do. If ever you encounter this dilemma, just follow the steps above to solve your problem effectively.