Having some muffins with a lot of blueberry jam together with piping hot coffee is surely a great breakfast to wake up to. Blueberry jam is one of the favorite kinds of jam consumed by breakfast eaters on a daily basis and it is rightfully so because it is really tasty and delicious.
But your morning can suddenly take a quick turn if you accidentally spilled some of the blueberry jam you are eating all over the carpet. No homeowner wants to have ugly jam stains on their carpets which is why this can be a really frustrating experience. Blueberry jam stains in particular can be very stubborn and will definitely take a lot of work to remove.
Are you having trouble with this kind of stain in your home? If yes, check out the helpful guide I have prepared below to help you in solving this problem as quickly as possible.
1. The first thing that you must do is to clear the spilled area of all food particles. You must get a spoon and slowly scrape or scoop up all of the blueberry jam on the carpet. Carefully do this since you don’t want to smear the mess all over your carpet.
2. After clearing the area, the next thing that must be done is to get a cotton ball and soak it with some rubbing alcohol. The alcohol will help in breaking the stain that is left behind so that it will bee easier to get rid of. Blot the stained area with the cotton ball until the latter dries up.
3. Use an empty container and then add to it a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent with three cups of warm water. Stir the ingredients together until you have a potent cleaning solution to use on the jam stain.
4. Apply some of the solution you have created onto the blueberry jam stain and then allow a few minutes for it to set. Then, take a clean white cloth and slowly blot the affected area. Continue doing this until all of the stain is removed.
5. With the carpet already stain-free, the only thing you would need to do now is to rinse it with some clean water. This will help flush out any residue that could get left behind and may cause build-up over time.
6. Use a clean rag or towel to dry everything up and then you’re done getting your carpet spotless once more.