Fruit punch is a really refreshing drink that is great to have during parties and get-together’s. It is certainly delicious and the great thing about it is fruit punch is also very healthy for the body. If you everybody in your party are adults you can even add some alcoholic beverage to the punch to give it a unique taste and a punch for your taste buds.
Enjoying fruit punch while talking to your buddies is really nice but sometimes as you are having a good time you could accidentally spill some of the drink you are holding all over the carpet. Fruit punch spills are really bad for the carpet since it can cause a very ugly stain that will instantly affect the way that your carpet looks.
Removing this kind of problem on your carpet can be somewhat overwhelming for many homeowners. If you are experiencing this predicament at home don’t worry too much. Here is a guide that I have prepared to help you in getting through this tough ordeal and getting your carpet back to normal.
1. The first step is to remove the spilled fruit punch on the carpet by absorbing the liquid using a clean sponge or a piece of paper towel. If you have any solid food particles such as fresh fruit slices, you should remove it first by using a fork, a dull knife, or even your fingers.
2. Once you have removed the spill on the carpet, the next thing that you should pay attention to is the nasty stain that is left behind. Get a glass of room temperature water and add a few drops to the affected part of the carpet. This helps in diluting the stain and preventing it from setting quickly. Blot the area with some paper towels and then proceed to the next step.
3. Mix a teaspoon of dish washing liquid with a cup of warm water to make a very effective cleaning solution that will remove the stain on your carpet. Place this inside an empty spray bottle and then spray the affected area a few times with the solution.
4. Using a clean white cloth, blot the fruit punch stain on your carpet repeatedly. You will see that the stain will gradually become lighter as you are doing so. Just keep repeating this step until all of the stain is gone.
5. After removing the stain on your carpet, the last step that you need to do is to flush out any residue that could get left behind. Use a glass of water to flush the unwanted residue and then dry everything up using a wet/dry vac to finish off the job.