Beer can be a great drink to help make a party or a get-together more enjoyable. Having a cold bottle of beer is also perfect for watching a sporting event in the living room with friends or simply catching up with some buddies while lounging around on the couch.
While you are having a fun time though drinking beer with you buddies, there may be an instance when you accidentally spill some of the drink that you are having all over your rug. This is surely not something that you would want as beer can cause an ugly stain that will affect the way that your rug looks.
If you have this very problem at home, don’t give up on your rug just yet. Here are a few steps that you can try to get your rug back to normal in no time.
• Start off by removing as much of the spilled beer as you can on the rug. You can do this by absorbing the beer using a clean sponge or a cloth. Do this repeatedly until you have removed as much of the spilled beer as you can.
• The second step is to dilute the beer stain left behind on your rug with a few drops of water. The water helps in making the stain lighter and preventing it from drying immediately which will make it a lot easier to remove. After adding the water, use a paper towel to blot the area a few times.
• Make a cleaning solution using some household items that you can find in your home. Take a teaspoon of clear ammonia and add it to a cup of warm water to create a very useful cleaning solution to get rid of the beer stain on the rug. Apply this onto the affected area of the rug and then let it set for about three minutes.
• Use a clean white cloth to blot the beer stain again and again. This will help in slowly lifting the stain out of your rug fibers and onto the surface of the cloth. Repeat this step until the entire beer stain is removed. It could take several attempts but eventually you will be successful in making your rug spotless once more.
• After removing the stain, your job is not done just yet. You would still have to eliminate any residue that could get left behind on the rug fibers. You can do this by rinsing the area you cleaned using a cup of clean water. Then, dry everything with some clean rags or towels to finish the task.