Oyster sauce is one of the most common sauces used by cooks and homebodies while cooking a ton of different dishes in their kitchen. This kind of sauce is not only commonly used as an ingredient in cooing Asian cuisine but it has also expanded its use to all kinds of dishes. Oyster sauce can definitely make your food taste a lot better and gives it a very distinct flavor unlike any other sauces.
But while oyster sauce can be very advantageous to you in the kitchen, anywhere else could be a potential problem. What I am talking about is the possible issue of spilling oyster sauce inside the household. This can be quite problematic particularly if you accidentally spill it all over you carpet.
Carpets and oyster sauce just don’t mix and what you will be getting with this combination is an ugly stain that is hard to remove. Lucky for you I have prepared a simple guide that will be effective in removing the oyster sauce on your carpet. Check out this very informative guide in cleaning up this mess on your carpet at home.
• Begin the process by extracting all of the spilled oyster sauce on your carpet. You can do this by using a clean white cloth and carefully blotting the area to remove the spilled liquid. Just be careful when you are doing this as you never want to spread it more on the carpet accidentally
• Once you have removed as much of the oyster sauce as possible, the next step would be for you to pour a few drops of isopropyl rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball and then apply it on the stain that’s left behind on the carpet. This will help make removing the stain a lot easier. Continue to blot until the cotton ball has dried up.
• Next you will have to get a cleaning solution to use on the stain. If you don’t have any available, you can always combine a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent with a cup of warm water to create an effective cleaning solution substitute. Once you have this ready, apply some of it onto the stain and allow it to soak for a couple of minutes before moving to the next step.
• Now you will need to blot the oyster sauce stain on the carpet using another piece of clean white cloth. Blot your way from the outside of the stain going inwards in order to get good results. Continue blotting until all of the stain is gone.
• Lastly, you have to pour a cup of clean water on the carpet area where the oyster stain was before. This is in order to remove any excess residue that may have been left behind. Excess residue is not good on the carpet as it can build up over time and damage it.
Oyster sauce stains doesn’t have to ruin your carpet or your day any more. Just follow the guide above and you’ll surely be able to get the stain out in a jiffy.