Ginger ale is a really refreshing drink that many people enjoy. It is a kind of carbonated soft drink which is flavored with ginger and is very popular all over the world.
Unlike more traditional carbonated drinks, ginger ale offers a unique taste which has captured the taste buds of many people. It has been enjoyed by countless people since the early 19th century and until now it is still a big favorite.
Enjoying ginger ale while you are watching your favorite television show is surely a nice way to spend an afternoon. Sadly, things can suddenly take a bad turn if you accidentally spill the ginger ale that you are drinking on the carpet. This is likely going to cause a big stain that is hard to eliminate which is why homeowners never want to face this kind of situation.
If you don’t know how to clean up the ginger ale stain on your carpet at home, below is a simple guide which I have made to help you in getting your carpet clean and back to normal.
• Absorb the spilled ginger ale on the carpet by blotting it with a clean sponge or a clean rag. Never wipe the spilled liquid as this will cause it to spread. Simply blot the area a few times until you have removed as much of the liquid as you can.
• Pour a small amount of isopropyl rubbing alcohol on a piece of cotton ball and then use this to dab the stain left behind by the spill. This is going to help make the stain removal a lot easier.
• Combine a teaspoon of white vinegar with a cup of warm water to make a potent cleaning solution for the ginger ale stain. After you have made the cleaning agent, apply a few drops of it on the stained portion and then let it set for a few minutes.
• Take a clean white cloth and begin to blot the affected area of the carpet. Blotting the ginger ale stain will cause it to become lighter and lighter until eventually all of the stain will be eliminated.
• After removing the stain, rinse the area where it used to be using a cup of warm water. Then, dry the entire area with clean towels or rags to complete the job.
The next time you have a ginger ale stain on the carpet, try the steps above and you’ll surely be able to get it clean and back to normal in no time.